Plagiarism is a political, commercial, and academic liability. A simple plagiarism checker will help you identify these important issues in your work before you submit or publish your work.
Many plagiarism checkers have the same built in functions and tools. Among the options available, some of the most popular add-on tools are grammar checkers, suggestions for edits, and paraphrasing suggestions.
Below are our suggestions for ten of the best plagiarism checkers.
- Grammarly – Grammarly benefits from its name recognition for its popular grammar, syntax, and spelling tool. It also boasts a plagiarism tool that cross references billions of web pages, including Proquest’s academic databases. Its basic plagiarism checker is available for free, however its premium subscription calculates an originality score for the doc, and flags sentences with suggested citation information.
- Small SEO Tools – Small SEO Tools markets its services towards marketers, and reliably checks 1000 words at a time for originality. It also comes with a “paraphrasing tool” that allows you to quickly update the questionable sentence into a unique phrase.
- Quetext – Quetext boasts free deep searching technology, which also cross-references for slight variations across the internet, but does not check the grammar of your content. What’s more is that they pledge to never upload your content to a database, so your content is protected with you.
- Scribbr – Scribbr is an excellent plagiarism checker, particularly in academia, because it performs a detailed analysis for content up to 7,500 words at a time. On top of scanning for overt plagiarism it also performs a deep dive into patchwork plagiarism, such as slight paraphrasing or word variations. This service will run you $18.95 per month so this attention to detail comes at a price.
- Duplichecker – Much like Grammarly, Duplichecker also provides grammar services in addition to its plagiarism checker. If you need help converting your word document into a PDF Duplichecker is a one-stop shop for your conversion and checking needs. Or, if you’re not sure how to rephrase a particular sentence, Duplichecker will make suggestions for your convenience. This unique tool will allow you to plug in up to 2000 words at a time.
- Plagscan – This is a reliable tool that will provide more accurate results than a common free plagiarism checker. Your first few documents are free, so you can try it out for yourself. After your free trial On the downside this checker is not entirely free- just the first few documents. On the bright side, it is an accurate tool that catches plagiarism and paraphrase.
- ProWriting Aid – This tool provides the usual plagiarism and grammar services, with an added treat of highlighting overused terms. This will help you prune redundancy from your content.
- Copyleaks – Copyleaks is a premier plagiarism tool for companies like Google, Microsoft, BBC, and more. These services may be just what you are looking for if you’re running a business, an organization, or if you write professionally.
- Plagramme – Plagramme reduces the risk of plagiarism by up to 99%! It detects even the smallest forms of plagiarism like character swapping, and patchwork plagiarism. Additionally, it creates a thorough pdf report that also covers suggestions to improve your writing style.
- Turnitin – Students are not able to use Turnitin, but if you’re a part of educational faculty you probably have access to Turnitin. This service is trusted by many academic institutions for a reason, it cross-references a variety of webpage and academic sources for similar content, and assigns a percentage value to the level of plagiarism.
Our Plagiarism-Free Guarantee
At Amplihigher, we place a lot of pride on our plagiarism-free guarantee. When you work with our copywriting agency team, you can be assured that the content you receive is completely original. If you are looking for expertly written, original content, contact a member of our team today and let us know how we can help boost your brand.